desdemona font

tribal pattern

Monday, February 6, 2017

Week two in Back to Sac

Hello Family and Friends,

It has been a super rainy week in Sacramento but we are enjoying it!

Sunday was probably my favorite day! I got to see all the members again and I was super surprised to see how many people actually remembered me! They actually remembered my name! Most frequent comments I got... "Wow, you can actually speak Spanish now!" and "Wow...you have gotten fatter"....thank you? haha!!!

Another cool thing is that there was an investigator who came this week that a month a go, I sent her as a referral to the Elders here....and she even remembered me! I met her at a less actives house in East Sac so it was so good to see her here.

We think that she will probably get baptized soon because she loved church. While her daughters wanted to go home to eat, she wanted to stay the full three hours!! SO cool! We are really excited for the elders.

Hermana Woodbury and I are hitting the pavement hard. We are doing everything in our power to find someone to put on date this month...and we have quite a few good options. There are three children from different less active families that are baptismal age so we are trying to get in contact with them and set up some appointments. Thus far...we haven't had any luck but we are still praying for that miracle.

We are working with quite a few people but we don't think any of them will be prepared for February...probably more in March. Solemn is one of them and we taught her how she could receive an answer through reading the book of Mormon and praying and then left her the commitment to read and pray about it...when we came back, she told us that she had done what we had asked her to but received no answer. That pretty much sums up most of our investigators. They keep commitments but are not receiving answers or not recognizing them. All of them want to be baptized but are not willing to commit to a date... yeah...it can be sort of frustrating sometimes but it is okay. We are just going to keep praying and working with them.

I really don' t have much to tell you all this week...sorry but I will try to find some good stuff to send next week!

Love you all, Hermana Paredes

No comments:

Post a Comment