desdemona font

tribal pattern

Monday, February 13, 2017

Feliz dia de amistad y amor!! (casi!)

Hello family and friends,

 HAPPY ALMOST VALENTINES DAY!!!!

Hermana Woodbury and I decided that we are going to be each others valentine! ;) haha!

This week was full of craziness and miracles and learning experiences!! We had exchanges this weekend, which were super fun, and I had the wonderful opportunity of going with Hermana Niemann and Barrera to some of our investigators. Those two together...wow...these poor investigators did not stand a chance. Hermana Barrera is currently in training and you can just see that fire in her eyes and more so in her testifying!! She is a very very good missionary. I was very impressed by her. I think the Sacramento Mission is going to be in good hands with all these new missionaries if they are at least slightly as good as Hermana Barrera. Truly did enjoy working with the two of them.

Hermana Woodbury went with Hermana Nokes but sadly Hermana Nokes has been sick for the last five days...nobody knows what is wrong (keep her in your prayers) so she didn't feel well enough to go out. Hermana Nokes is probably the best person to get sick on exchanges because she never looses her humor. I was able to stay with her for an hour while Hermana Woodbury went out with the other sisters to work a bit and I was dying of laughter. Quote from Hermana Nokes, "All I had for breakfast today was a piece of an apple and some Styrofoam." haha! (She was talking about the rice cake that she had to eat.)

I was very blessed to stay with her for that hour because she is also very good at listening and giving good council...I felt like that exchange was more for me then for her. Very blessed to know her.

Oh!! Before I forget, (I can't believe that I would forget this...) while I was with Hermana Niemann and Hermana Barrera. We had the opportunity to invite one of our investigators to baptism!! And she said yes! I then invited her to a specific date! And she said yes to that!! What the what! She told us that she would do everything to prepare for that day!!

We went home joyful until the next day....she messaged us over Facebook asking us "Do I need to get baptized? I got baptized when I was a baby." ......great..... haha! So tonight we will be going over there and explaining to her the reasons why we are baptized and such so that we can resolve her concerns. Honestly..I'm not to worried about it..but a prayer or two wouldn't hurt.

We also had Stake conference this weekend and a seventy came and spoke. His name is Elder Baxter and he said quite a few good things that I had been wondering about. Man I wish that I wasn't running out of time so I could tell you all about the revelation that I got!

Just know that I am learning everyday. The mission has gotten harder but I am growing stronger and I am growing in confidence. Probably the number one thing I have learned on the mission is that I can do hard things...actually with the grace of god, I can do all things. Stay in tune because I got a feeling that the next few weeks are going to bring a lot of hard learning experiences.

Hermana Paredes

P.S. I got to see my Patriarch!! Patriarch Severe! That made my whole week!

No comments:

Post a Comment