Dear family and Friends!
This week has been such a blessing! I am just loving my mission more and more every single day. I have come to realize that after every hard experience there is a blessing. That is what happened this week.
Earlier this week it was a little rough but it has gotten better. The main reason why it was a bit on the tough side was because our investigator who keeps all her commitments but just won't be baptized. We extend a baptismal date of March 4th to her earlier this week, one that we had fasted and prayed about, which she accepted and even told us when she had prayed about it she had felt her "heart speed up". She knew that was her answer from god but when we went back over to finish up the last two principles she needed, she told us that she had a had change of mind and now does not want to be baptized...what?? Hermana Najera was with me and she asked her why. Maria told us that she simply wants to prepare more for baptism...and she thinks that she will get baptized in three months. Three months!! The Lord told her that she was prepared now! So Hermana Najera asked a great question, "What do you think the difference would be if you got baptized now instead of in three months?" She sat there for a second and then told us "nothing". We then invited her again and we read promises from the scriptures about baptism! We did everything! ...And she still believes that she will set her own date. So we are giving her a break.
That was extremely frustrating!
Also we had one of our other investigators on date for March 4th as well. He is so prepared but he couldn't meet with us at all this week because of conflicting schedules...so he will not be baptized on March 4th. That was also very frustrating.
We just felt like we were pushing but there was no break throughs. We also had to take our other investigator off date because she was not keeping her commitments.
And then Sunday came. Glorious Sunday! There were so many miracles just in that sacrament meeting alone. One of them being that we had two investigators at church. Geronimo and Roberto! And they enjoyed it so we are so excited for what this week is going to bring...the other is that...I got to see one of my trainers!!! Hermana Tor..I mean Milena...haha..came back and with her good news! One of the investigator I was teaching when I was in training messaged her over instagram! After she went home, and I got shipped to Elk Grove, we lost contact with him. That was probably the saddest moment of my mission but now I am I just overjoyed!! We were able to stop by his house and set up a return appointment...I am so excited to teach him again!
We also added some solid people to our teaching pool this week...which I will tell you about next week because I am out of time.
But now that I am loving my mission and there are miracles happening here and many more are coming.
Hermana Paredes
No comments:
Post a Comment