desdemona font

tribal pattern

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

What a crazy transfer/year/life!!!

 So family and friends...I hope that this email finds you well.

We just had transfers and the whole mission got flipped onto it's side!! (Well...I feel like it did...) Hermana Leon is training (I miss her so much!!!), Hermana Scott is training, Hermana Niemann and Nokes are training, and I have been shipped back to Sac to be an STL with Hermana Woodbury!!

Round two!!

We are so excited and I am actually surprised by how many people actually remember me...wow! so loved! Haha!

The first few days here were strange because of being trained here...so many good memories but I am way pumped to make some new memories with Hermana Woodbury! We are going to make Sac great again! (Not like it isn't already great... :) )

Update on Ivon: Hermana Leon and I decided to release him for a time. Not because he wasn't progressing but because his wife is very very against us teaching him and we didn't want there to problems with in the family. It was a super sad release. He was pretty heartbroken that we could not visit him anymore....he was so good! We left him the first chapter in the Book of Mormon to read and he read all the way up to chapter 22! WHY?! He wants to be baptized so bad! And he is saying his prayers and they have improved so much! He now has a great relationship with his heavenly father and he is progressing and he loves the Book of Mormon....it just make me so sad thinking about it.

But it alright. I find comfort in the fact that he has a true desire and if he has that true desire, the Lord will help him fulfill all of his commandments. Just like it says in 1 Nephi 3:7..."The Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way that they might accomplish that which he hath commanded them." (Probably not word for word but it is pretty darn close)

Everything will work out for him.

Update on Jackie: She is having a bit of trouble keeping her commitments and we are a bit worried that she is more worried about how the baptism is going to be like more then she is worried about the actual covenant that she will be making with God. Hermana Leon and I went over there and explained baptism to her again so that she would have a clear understand of what baptism is really and she seamed to understand it a little bit more this time. We have decided to move her date to February 18th instead of the 11th.

Hermana Leon and her baby will now continue to teach her...tear!

Oh!! By the way!! Our less active member came to church again and stayed the full three hours!! We were so excited!!! She is so great and she was so sad to hear that I was leaving! I love her so much!

Also I got to translate a special lesson given by the Stake Relief Society...about pornography....yeah...that was interesting. Thank goodness for Hermana Leon! She and I took turns translating but man! Some of those words really stumped us both so we would make up randomness and hoped that it tied in somehow to what they were saying! haha!

love you all, Hermana Paredes

No comments:

Post a Comment