tribal pattern
Monday, October 3, 2016
Weddings, awkward contacts, and trios...yeah it is a good life ๐
Hello family and friends,
Honestly, I love the trio life....I LOVE IT!! We are having so much fun working together and it is so nice that we are all on the same page when it comes to missionary work! I love Hermana Scott and Hermana Zaugg...though we look like the mafia just came to town every time we knock on a door....haha!
So we had a wedding this week for our investigator, Laura. Originally she was he other sister's investigator but when we combined our areas she became ours. Let me tell you...there is nothing like a Latino wedding...it is seriously the best. ๐The ward really pulled together to make her wedding perfect and worry free for her. Our relief society is amazing! They seriously have the best presidency. And Laura...oh! She is such a sweetheart and she looked gorgeous! I think she will be just fine in this branch. She also got her baptismal interview this last week so she is all set for her baptism on the 8th! We are all really excited for her because this has been something she has been looking forward to for a long time and it is finally going to happen. We are all really proud of this step that she is taking.
We had so many awkward contacts this week...so many! Not really sure why but they sure do make some great memories. For example, we were going to knock on this one guys apartment and when we turned the corner we saw this guy waiting right outside the door we were going to knock...so of course we started talking to him, asking him if he lived there, if he had talked to missionaries before, all of that good jazz. He was pretty tight lipped and didn't give us many answers. I also noticed that he was dressed pretty nice and I kept wondering why...well I got my answer soon enough. The door opens to reveal a girl who is also dressed really nice and I could catch a whiff of perfume...that's when I put two and two together...they were about to head out on a date and he was on her doorstep to pick her up....and we were third wheeling! (Do you see what I did there, third wheel? Trio? ๐) oh so awkward! She was all like "alright I'm ready to go." And then she saw us. The guy quickly ushered her back into her house and then scurried in after her and shut the door. We just stood there. Not knowing what to do..... So we walked away. Haha!
I love that on the mission you never know what is going to happen when you contact someone. Every time it is something new...and interesting. ๐
Some thoughts from General Conference...so I don't have many because my companions and I had to keep running in and out of general conference to fix the tv that was broadcasting conference in Spanish but this is what I do have. I loved what Russell M. Nelson shared about joy and how having Christ as our focus is the only way we will truly have joy.
Also Robert D. Hales when he talked about if we love the savior more, we will suffer less. That is so true! I'm have come to know that if we always have our focus on the Savior our lives are just...better. It is like the formula for everything. Are you sad? Rely on the savior. Are passing for trials? Rely on the savior. Are you feeling lonely? Rely on the savior. Anything you need, want, hope for? Just rely on the savior. How often do we forget this. He is literally the solution to everything! I loved what Elder Quentin L. Cook said, "Jesus Christ is the Mark." I absolutely love that! He is the mark. The perfect example. He is everything. And finally one last thing...he knows us and he knows where we are and he does not want to lose us. I love how so much of this conference focused on coming back to the fold and talked about his invitation to repent and come and know him. What a beautiful thing repentance is and how merciful is Heavenly Father to give us something such as repentance. I couldn't imagine my life without this great gift and experiencing it. I know that my life wouldn't be filled with so much joy if I hadn't experienced the healing power of the atonement. It is truly amazing to me.
What was everyone's insight on general conference? I'd like to hear it.
Hermana Paredes
Labels:
funny story,
general conference,
Hermana Scott,
Hermana Zaugg,
Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment