desdemona font

tribal pattern

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

It was the week before transfers...




Hola amigos y familia!

 Okay so this email is going to be short but contain a lot of pictures....lots!

 So first off, Juan. Man this week was crazy with our investigator Juan! So Monday night we tried to call Juan. No answer. Tuesday morning we tried to get ahold of him. No answer. Tuesday night, called him again. No answer. This continued to Thursday night when we finally got a hold of him. I about cried with relief. Apparently he has just had a very busy week and was going through a lot and wasn't able to get back to us but he told he had listened to our voicemail, read our texts, and Facebook messages, and the note that we left on his door filled with scriptures....yeah we are a bit persistent. Haha! But everything is good. Juan was baptized this past Saturday and confirmed Sunday morning and his daughter was able to come and witness that. It was amazing! He just was beaming from ear to ear! And he even gave his testimony at the end of the baptism. I love listening to converts testimonies!

 Basically my whole week was chasing down Juan and taking care of Hermana Niemann. She got really sick....the poor thing! She came down with a fever and chills and aches and had to stay in bed for 3 days so we didn't get much work done. About the only interest thing that happened was the baptism and transfer calls.

 For those of you who haven't had the joys of experiencing transfer calls...it is the same kind of feeling as when you were a little kid waiting for Santa. Usually they call us about nine to nine thirty ish but our zone leaders didn't call us till ten! We were dying!! I sort of knew that I was going to stay in North Sac, but I was not prepared for the call. They combined the other sisters area with ours so Hermana Leon and Hermana Stout were transferred out and Hermana Niemann (this one came as a shocker to me) was transferred out to Rancho Cordova. And I stayed here...and I got two new companions!! I'm in a trio again! What?! And my area is huge! Double what?! I seriously cover the whole stake except for Del Paso Heights which is the elders!! And this is my first time leading out an area too!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! (I know I seam like I am freaking out but actually I am pretty calm....Sort of....haha!)

 So yeah....that has been my crazy week. Oh and I also went to the temple today! It was beautiful! 😊 

Love you all,

Hermana Paredes




No comments:

Post a Comment