desdemona font

tribal pattern

Monday, September 19, 2016

Bringing in the Seven!

Hola familia y amigos!

 We had one of the coolest week! Oh it has been so great!

 First off, our investigator, Juan, got his baptismal interview this week and of course he passed with flying colors! Oh we are so excited for him. Though we were a little bit worried this past Sunday because he didn't show up to church and he wasn't answering his phone....scary. Turns out he went out to his car Sunday morning to drive to church to find that his battery of his car was dead. Nothing he did could get it jumpstarted....arggggghhhhh! Satan is definitely at work but Hermana Niemann and I are working harder. He is totally not going to win.

 Also another story with Juan! Hermana Niemann and I were trying to get out of our dinner appointment so that we could get to our investigator's appointment. We even had a member, Lorenzo, meeting us at Juan's house but the member kept talking and talking. Strangely enough Hermana Niemann and I were pretty peaceful about out it. By the time we were actually able to leave the appointment, we were 15 minutes late. We quickly sped over to our appointment and then looked around the apartment complex to find Lorenzo. We couldn't find him anywhere! So we finally gave up and decided that we would just have to go to Juan's. We knocked the door and to our great surprise, Lorenzo opened it! They had been sitting at the table just talking and getting to know one another! That was an answer to a prayer! Juan had been telling us that the number one thing he was finding difficultly with was finding friends at church but know he has one really good friend. And you can tell that they are really good friends because during the lesson they kept on cracking inside jokes!!! Oh my gosh! It was amazing! The spirit was so strong with those two! I swear, Lorenzo is the best member missionary ever! For example at the end of the lesson, Juan was telling us of some of the struggles he faces and before Hermana Niemann or I could open our mouths, Lorenzo began to bear a powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon! He told Juan that if he ever feels sad all he has to do is read the Book of Mormon! "It just makes me feel better anytime I read this book. It brings me peace!" I love my recent convert.

 So this week we got seven new investigators! And I'm going to share with you a miracle...

 Hermana Niemann and I had had a very long day without much success so we were about to just head to our last back up and it wasn't even eight yet... Plus the backup was a member. We were pretty bummed especially since that morning we has been praying really hard to find the lord's elect and we felt like we had seen much success. We were driving to our members house and out of the corner of my eye, I see this guy fixing his truck on the side of the road. I didn't think much of it and kept driving, but then I got the feeling that we should turn back and talk to him. My thoughts were, " well...we got nothing to lose!" So I flipped a U turn. Hermana Niemann was so confused and she was said "Wait! What are we doing?" "We are going to go get us a new investigator" and that is exactly what we did. Turns out this guy had visited to missionaries before...when they were Elders. That was a long time ago! He said he had always wondered why they had stopped visiting him. When I asked him if he would be interested in having missionaries con over again, he got really excited and said yes! He even said "I still have that book that they gave me! The Book of Mormon!" Oh we are really excited about him. Best part...he has a family! Three cheers for family! Whoop! Whoop!

 Okay one more miracle lesson. So we went back to one of our new investigators house because we had missed our appointment with her due to Hermana Niemann's throat swelling up. (Not really sure if I told you all that story or not.... 🤔) When we knocked on her door, she was like "come in! Come in!" She told us that she has been reading the book we left her, the Book of Mormon! She had so many questions and we were able to teach her the restoration but what really caught her was the bible and the fact hat so many plain and precious things had been taken away. She to,d us that she had always wondered that. She especially got excited about the restoration of the priesthood! She said that she had been studying in the bible about the priesthood and the power of God but had always wondered what happened to it! She is just so prepared but the most interesting thing was when we were trying to show her a scripture in Moroni, she freaked out! She said that in her grandpas bible, there was the book of Moroni, 3 Nephi, and Ether. Weird right. So we are going to have to do a bit of re-explaining to her because now she thinks the Book of Mormon is the missing book from the bible...oops! Well she is still a really cool investigator. 😅

 Funny story: as missionaries, we need a backer anytime we back out of a parking spot. Hermana Niemann was backing me out of my spot and this guy was just staring at us. Hermana Niemann turned to him and said "we have to do it." He just looked at her and replied "It is okay, everyone has got to learn at some point" and then he gave me a thumbs up and shouted "Good job!" Bahahahahaha! He thinks I'm learning how to back up! Hahahaha! It was so funny! We had a good belly laugh! Sweet guy! 😂

 Well, I think that is all! Next week is transfer week so I will be emailing Tuesday.

 Love you all!

Hermana Paredes

No comments:

Post a Comment