desdemona font

tribal pattern

Monday, October 17, 2016

We work. Always...even in the pouring rain

In and Out


Dear family and friends,

 It has rained cats and dogs these past few days! So most of my time consisted of running from the rain! It was ridiculous! I loved it!

 So this week was also the week of eating out and sugar....bad combination! Literally every member wanted to take us out to eat and I got my first try of "In and out"! Not to bad California...😏 haha! The reason we ate out so much because this was the week of my nine month mark...yep I am officially nine months! Aggggghhhhhh! It is going to fast! Someone slow it down!

 Let see...what happened this week. So one of my favorite people ever got baptized! Her name is Dianne Warren and I met her at a members house. She was so so sweet and I had the amazing opportunity to befriend her. We talked about everything from "Little house on the prairie" to religion. During the course of that night, I was able to ask her if she would like missionaries like us to come over to her house and teach her. She said sure....that was about 4 months ago and just this past Saturday I had the opportunity to congratulate her as he newest member of the church. Even though I never taught her, I felt the joys of seeing her make that covenant. She is amazing! That made me want to be the best member missionary ever when I get home! I felt a rush! Gosh I love being a missionary!

 Another amazing thing! We found my former investigator! Jose! A while back we had to drop him because we couldn't find him. That was the hardest thing I had ever done. I literally cried as I did it. It just hurt my soul to know that I possibly wouldn't find him again but I had faith that some missionary somewhere would. You have just got to trust Heavenly Father. He totally knows better then me and you never know...tender mercies might be coming your way! Though he is not in our area anymore and he is now in the elders, I am just over joyed that he is found! I hope that I will be seeing him baptized soon! He was such a wonderful investigator. So full of faith and thirst for the truth.

 Hope your week was great!

Hermana Paredes

Laura's baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment