desdemona font

tribal pattern

Monday, October 10, 2016

A girl has got to do what a girl has got to do



Hi family and friends,

 So things have calmed down in our area. It isn't as crazy anymore...thank goodness! We still have a lot of work though but we are enjoying it. And especially enjoying being in a trio! There is just so many things you can do in a trio! There is always someone to talk to, someone to be with you when the other goes to the bathroom (unless both of them have to go.... ๐Ÿ˜‘), someone to lift you when you are feeling down, you can divide and conquer as long as one of them can see and hear you still....I submit trios are the best. Especially with Hermana Zaugg and Hermana Scott. It is funny how different they are but it just makes our companionship so much better!

 This week we had another baptism. Her name is Laura Guzman and she was the other sisters investigator but when the areas were combined she became ours but man, her baptism was one of the most interesting ones I have ever done. All the planning went fine and she did great, it was just getting the baptismal room ready. So our ward mission leader forgot to call someone to fill the fount (and who can blame him, the guy has like three different callings in the ward...stressful!) and we thankfully showed up a half an hour before the baptism was suppose to start. We realized that the fount was not filled and we did not have a key to get into the back rooms to turn on the pump. Thank goodness someone had left the curtain to the fount unlocked, do Hermana Zaugg wasted no time. She hiked up her skirt, climbed over the glass railing to the fount and jumped down into the fount. She then ran around the back way and got to the doors to unlock it so that we could get in. I then had to pick the lock to the plumbing...not an easy fleet and we finally were able to get the water going but man for a moment there, we were scared that we weren't going to be able to have a baptism!

The baptism turned out great even though Laura had to do it four different times because we accidentally stopped the water before it was all the ways filled... Oops! ๐Ÿ˜…Thank goodness she has such a good humor. She told us "well I better be clean now if I got dunked four times!" She is so funny! ๐Ÿ˜‚ We really love her! Also Hermana Scott and I sang for her baptism...that was terrifying because President was there! And Hermana Scott wants to so badly be in the Psalms of Sac and I sure did not want to mess that up for her. (Psalms of sac is a music cd that the mission makes every year featuring the missionaries musical talents) It turned out pretty good and the whole ward says that now they know that we can sing, they are going to be using us more....well.. Great. Haha!

 We added a few more new investigators this week! One who is really cool! His name is Jesus! Apparently he was Hermana Vergaray's old investigator and when I was on a exchange with her we tried to go find him but couldn't....but his week we found him! And he is awesome! He told us how sometimes when he talks about a god or Jesus he gets a warm feeling in his chest and that he wants to build his faith! We got the opportunity to teach him how he can directly communicate with Heavenly Father through prayer! And he said one! A real one! Apparently the only prayers he has ever done are his recitations so that was his first true prayer! We are super excited for him!

 One last miracle! I got a call Saturday night from President telling me that Pedro had been baptized! A little bit of background, Pedro was an investigator that Hermana Justiniano and I put on date back in Elk Grove. When Hermana Justiniano and I got shotgunned out, somehow his information was not transferred over to the elders so they couldn't find him. Hermana Justiniano and I were devastated. I remember praying that somehow he would be found and he was! Three transfers later, they find him! And he was baptized! Hermana Justiniano was able to meet him at a multicultural event and he told her that he still remembered us! And that we were the Angels that changed his life around! Wow! That is such a tender blessing! In my time in Elk Grove, I thought we hadn't done anything for that area and then after we lost Pedro, I really felt horrible but it is all worth it now that he is baptized!

 It has been a great week! I hope your alls week is great too!

Hermana Paredes

No comments:

Post a Comment