This week has been such a roller coaster....meaning it has had it ups and downs but honestly I am enjoying every single second!
I have a few amazing experiences to write about and a few hard things. I'll start with the bitter first though that you all can enjoy the sweet.
Bitter: we have had to drop almost all of our investigators. We went from having about 20 investigators to about five...and we are most likely going to have to drop two more. As a missionary that is really rough. Your whole life revolves around these people and it just pains you when they don't want to hear the wonderful news you bring or just would simply rather talk about other things .....it is really rough but sometimes it just have to be done. Our hearts honestly broke every time we hit the drop button on our area books but we are hopeful. There are so many prepared people in this area and by letting people go for a time just gives us more time to find those people. Honestly, I think it is a opportunity to exercise our faith and show the lord we are not just going to sit down and cry. I seriously can't wait to write next next weeks email because I know it is going to be full of miracles.
Sweet: Jose came to a temple tour and it was AMAZING! We brought this sweet old couple in our ward with us and they talked to him the whole time and answered all his questions. He was seriously really taken back by their kindness towards him and he loved every single moment of touring the temple. He kept saying things like "I feel nearer to god here." And "I just feel so much peace, it makes me not want to leave." There is a saying, you think you touch the temple but really the temple touches you. That is exactly what happened. Especially the fact that he had the opportunity to go inside and sit in the waiting room. I love it that you can just sit in the waiting room and there is a peace and a love that comes over you that you can't deny! Gosh I love temples! He is now working harder then ever to come to the temple someday through the gate way of baptism.
(Also when we invited him to be baptized August the 20th, he was like " I was seriously about to ask if I could get baptized that day because that is two days after my birthday!"........what?!)
| Lorenzo |
Lorenzo came to church again and this time he actually talked to the members! (Last time we couldn't get him to even say hello to them...he is a bit shy) He just keeps on telling us how much the church has changed his life already and how excited he is to be baptized. You can totally tell he means it because this past Sunday he got lost while driving to church but kept driving around until he found the building (with a little help from us). He was lost for 45 minutes but he still came! That is dedication! I know if that was me, I probably would have turned around and gone home but he stuck with it because he knew this is where he was suppose to be.
Also on the way back from church, there is always this guy on the corner who carries a Jesus sign and yells things into a microphone. So when we came to the stoplight, we rolled down our windows just to hear what he would say. He turns on his microphone and then boldly declares "Just remember...JESUS IS AWESOME!" At the time, it really made us laugh but now that I think about it. It has so much truth! He is so awesome! There is seriously no one who is awesomer! (Probably not a word but whatever) He that taketh up on him the sins of the world definitely deserves to be described as awesome. And I stand in awe of him...everyday I stand a little more in awe of him. I begin to love him even more and more as I preach about him and help other people truly see how amazing he is.
I know he lives. I know he loves us. I know he suffered and died for us. I know he would do it all over again if that meant to secure our eternal salvation. He is just wonderful to me.
I love you all and pray for you.
Hermana Paredes
| Jose, Hermana Woodbury, Hermana Paredes |
| Las Hermosas Hermanas |
No comments:
Post a Comment