desdemona font

tribal pattern

Monday, July 25, 2016

There is a first time for everything.....right?

Hi family and friends! So there is just so much I want to to put in this email but probably just won't have the time to do it so I'm going try write a bit of everything by a day to day play.

 Monday: rough! Super rough! We had our p-day and then headed out to work....I swear we were working in the desert or something because
A) it was super super hot...like as in the back of my knees were sweating (didn't even know that was possible!)
 B) no one was outside to contact or at home! It was like everyone had disappeared. Went to hibernate or something. So we didn't get a lot of lessons in and we think that we are going to have to drop one of our investigators. :(

 Tuesday: Service day! This day was super cool because we got to find a less active member who had not to been to church in over 40 years! Fourty! Dang! We just had the opportunity to listen to her speak and testify of her fathers love for her. It was very touching! We are pretty sure she felt the spirit because she started to cry.
I love talking about Heavenly Father's love for his children.

On our back from her house there was a huge hold up near a bus stop. Cars kept in on changing into the left lane and we were so confused about what was going on. Then we see this little old black man in a wheel chair going as fast as he can against opposing traffic. He was about a block and a half away to the bus stop and we realized he was trying to make the bus!

Many people were just walk or driving passed him without a second look as he struggled. And this is why I love Hermana Woodbury. She turned to me and said " we should help him." I replied " well let's park this car then!" We parked it and then ran out to push him the last bit of his journey.

It was super awesome! I'm so grateful that we got that opportunity to serve.

Wednesday: We went to go see one of our new investigators, V, and honestly I wasn't to sure about him because the last time we spoke to him....he was a bit....well...flirty! Like asking us if we could have boyfriends and such... 😑 yeah no. But we went back anyways, and man! I am so glad we did! V is the best! We had an amazing first lesson with him and LET me tell you....the spirit defiantly guided that one. If it weren't for the spirit and inspired questions, we would have never found out that he didn't know much about his savior.

We showed him the bible video "For God so loved the world" and in the middle of watching it, he started to tear up. At the end we asked him what he had felt. He told us that he had felt something warm and strange when he was watching the video, like he felt guilty for putting Christ through so much pain. Wow! Just the perfect opportunity to testify of the spirit!

We have super high hopes for him! Just very humble and now is defiantly more interested in our lessons more then us. Thank goodness!!

 Thursday: Hermana Woodbury hit her nine month mark so we went to celebrate by eating at Chilies and we stuuuuuffffed ourselves! So full! And then we went to a member's house whose parents are currently staying with her. They are not members but the love the missionaries and we were hoping to get them interested in learning.

Something that we forgot though is that they also love to FEED the missionaries....a lot! So we go there and they had made empanadas for us. Both of us are thinking "crap...". We tried to ask to just bring them home for later but they looked so sad.

You see the thing about Latinos is that they love to see you eat their food! It seriously brings them joy! So since we love our members so much and we want to see them happy, we agreed to eat one empanada. And that one empanada did me in....I seriously was about to throw up and I think I might have been turning a little bit green because our sweet member quickly ran and grabbed me a bucket and had me hunch over it because apparently someone was using he bathroom at the time.

Something I forgot to mention is that before we walked into this members house, I had told Hermana Woodbury "Hermana Woodbury, I feel a miracle about to happen!"

So as I'm here hunched over this bucket, she says to me "do you still feel that miracle coming up?" Oh my sweet sassy companion!

Long story short, I ended up in the bathroom puking my guts up...hey there is defiantly a first to everything...right?

 Friday: basically just weekly planning and trying to find someone to teach. Not much success... :( 

Saturday: WE HAD TWO AMAZING LESSONS! First one was with this guy named Jose! He is so great. We had talked to him the previous Saturday and found out that he actually had a Book of Mormon and had been wanting to know a little bit more about it so we set up a return appointment and WOOOOOOWWW! He basically led the lesson! He just was picking everything up and understood everything! His questions were on point! Gosh! Everything was on point.

He told us that he had never done this before. Investigated a church because he has never felt comfortable with any one of them but he told us "I feel a connection to this church...it is like I was searching but never really realized that I was actually searching!" Wow! He even committed to baptism!.....wow! Like seriously, he is beyond prepared! I'm so excited to teach him! We actually have a lesson with him today! Ahhhhhh!

 Lesson two was with Lorenzo! We taught about the Sabbath day because we have been trying for about three weeks to get him to church but after this lesson he finally committed. He even asked us to meet him so that we could guide him to church Sunday morning! Wow! That is amazing progress! We were so excited!

 Sunday: we showed up at Lorenzo's work and he was dressed in his Sunday best! He hopped into his car and started to follow us to the church. Hermana Woodbury and I kept looking back to make sure we didn't lose him....BECAUSE WE WERE NOT GOING TO LOSE HIM! We made it all the way to the church and stayed with him through all three hours! He loved it! He has plans to come back next Sunday.

 Also we ate two different cakes at two different peoples houses because it was Elder Ackley's birthday...it was good....I have no regrets...😏 So that was basically my week! We are being incredibly blessed in this area!......
I LOVE BEING ON A MISSION!

 Hermana Paredes

Over and out

image1.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment