desdemona font

tribal pattern

Monday, May 2, 2016

The great escape

Funny story: Hermana Stevens and I went out to eat Friday because we basically had nothing in the house and Hermana Torres was on exchanges. We went to Jacks which is a really good salad place and while we were in there we met a group of young single adults who were infront of us in line...all males! Awkward! So we talk to them for a bit and then they were called up to order. While they were distracted, I whispered to Hermana Stevens "It would be so awkward if one of them payed for our food." We both laughed at how absurd the thought was but our laughing was silenced when we heard a voice infront of us say "I will be paying for them also." Ohhhhhhh.......yikes. Of course we humbly accepted and thank the young man that payed for our meal but we totally shot him down when he asked it we wanted to go sit with him and his friends! It went something like this: "Hey would you like to come sit with me and my friends?" "No we really can't, we have got to get going." "Oh, do you have an appiontment?" and then I gave the most stupid response... "No." Facepalm! Oh well! It all was good in the end! haha! 

This week was crazy!! Crazy! First things first...I translated Testimony meeting. I translated everyone testimonies and it was crazy!!! Hermana Torres just out of the blue said to me "Okay, your translating today." I was freaked out of my mind!! I said a little prayer right then and there that I would be blessed with the gift of tongues and that I wouldn't sound like a dork over the microphone...and then the words just came out like a waterfall. It came out so smooth! I understood everything that they were saying and I was able to quickly translate it into English. I don't think that the gift of tongues has worked through me with so much power before! Oh it was a blessing! Just one of those tender mercies.

I have another gift of tongues story..or should I call it gift of hands? Anyways, I had the privilege to attend one of my good friend's lessons, Sister Christofferson. She is an ASL sister and she is amazing!! It is just amazing to watch her sign!! My companion, Hermana Stevens, is an STL so sometimes she has to go out to work with the other sisters...which means I get to tag along. And this time I got to tag along to Sister Christofferson's lesson. As soon as we enter into this lady's house she began to sign rapidly. I thought for sure Sister Christofferson had missed it and would have to ask her to repeat it but she immediately started signing back...and they signed for a good half an hour. I was just amazed because to me it looked like a bunch of hand gestures but to them it was words and phrases!! At one point Hermana Christofferson asked me to bear my testimony and as I spoke, she signed! Wow! Is the gift of tongues real or what?!  We are so blessed to have the gifts of the spirit. 

So this past week I got to escape my zone...I WENT OUT SIDE MY ZONE!! (with special permission from President of course..nobody freak out! ;) )  On of the Hermanas in the Elk Grove Zone had to have her wisdom teeth pulled out. It couldn't wait apparently, but the work had to go forth still which mean that someone needed to go into the other zone to work with the Hermana that was not sick. Technically I can't leave my zone because I'm not a Sister Training Leader.. buuuut both of their STLs and ours couldn't do it because they were on exchanges...which left me. So yeah! I got to go teach in another zone and it was so much fun! The Hermana that I went out with, her name is Hermana McCloud and we just had a blast contacting and finding people! We even tried to hand out pass along cards out the windows of our car whenever we came to a stop light! I love being a missionary.

Love you all,
Hermana Paredes 
Over and out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment