Wow! I can't believe this is the last week of the transfer! That is crazy! I'm almost done with my third transfer! What is even weirder is that one of my trainers goes home this week. She has got 6 days!!! 6 DAYS!!! You would think she would be losing her head but she is completely calm and focused. I really admire her. So let me remind you, no freaking out Monday when I don't email....it's because it's a transfer week which means p-day is on Tuesday.
So this week we had a miracle! There is this man who once sat in on Edwin's lesson and asked for a Book of Mormon at the end of it....and after that lesson we could never get ahold of him...until now. Last Monday we found him, taught him most of the first restoration, and then invited him to baptism. HE ACCEPTED!!! F will be baptized June 7th!!! (Yes we know that is a Tuesday but that was the first date that Hermana Torres could think of...haha). As cool as the first lesson was with him, the second one was even better. As soon as we were done with he prayer, he began to ask so many questions about baptism. Like, "how will I be prepared for baptism?"....WHAT?!?! No investigator that I have taught thus far has ever asked that one! He has got such the purest desire to change and come unto Christ. He even asked if he had to memorize the whole Book of Mormon. Hahah! The crazy this is that I actually think he would do it! We seriously love him and we are so excited for him to enter into the waters!
We almost had someone else on date. There is this women who we are teaching which I'm just going to name M and she has been progressing beautifully! Reading the Book of Mormon, praying, and keeping most of her commitments except for coming to church and baptism. We had tried inviting her once before but she rejected it. So during weekly planning, we were praying about which one of our investigators was ready to baptized in May and she came immediately to our minds. We planned out our lesson carefully and we were for sure that she would accept the date. We go to the lesson and start to teach....and it was awful! For some reason the lesson wasn't going as planned and it was terrible. We scrambling from point to point like chickens with our heads cut off. What was even worse was that we had a member with us...yikes! So finally I decided to stop trying to say the things that we planned and start listening. And as I listen the Spirit prompted me to ask her a question. "How will you know these things are true?" Just " how will YOU know?" She got silent for a few moments and then she told us something that she had never told us before. "I'm looking for the right church. There are so many good ones but I'm looking for the right one. And I will know it when I find it." That statement changed the whole lesson. We began to talk about prayer and the spirit. I shared James 1:5 and the promise in the Book of Mormon and then I had the opportunity to bear humble testimony to her that if she is truly looking for that church then she needed to so god. I promised her God would answer. She just listen and I could tell that she could feel the truth of my words. I then said "Once you know the truth of these things, will you be baptized by someone who has the authority of God?" For the longest time she just sat there and nodded and finally she whispered yes. She wouldn't commit to a date but I know she felt the power of that invitation. She softened so much. We love her so much. And I know that the day isn't to far off were she will be baptized. So save the date.
I know many people say that their mission president is the best but I promise you know has got anything on my mission president. We had interviews this week and can I just say how much I love President Jardine? I freaking love President Jardine!! You just enter into his presence and your just wrapped in his spirit and love! We had a good long talk and I enjoyed every moment of it. He is just seriously the best!
We contacted a few people this week and for one of them we sang a primary song. They weren't interested at first but then Hermana Torres has the genius idea to ask to leave them with a song. We sang "he sent his son" and their countenances softened. After the song, Hermana Torres just simply asked if there was a time that we could return and share our message with them. They basically through dates at us! We are going to visit them again today so hopefully we can have another person on date.
Funny story: we got hit on in the space of five minutes...like no joke. We contacted this older man who was just sitting in the garage and he happily listened to our message...and then at the end he said we could come back anytime. Then he pointed at me and said "especially you!" Uhhhhh....no! He was like 80!! Yikes!! Yeah that was our cue to LEAVE! Then not even five minutes later we are talking to this other man outside mowing his lawn and he try's to invite us inside for Cookies and Coke...the heck?! We got out of there as fast as we could....strange things man.
Thank you all for all the emails! I enjoy every single one of them and it stinks that I don't have time to reply to all of them but keep them coming. They seriously life my day!
Love
Hermana Paredes
Over and out
No comments:
Post a Comment