SO this week. It started off a bit rough. We weren't having a lot of success. Knocking doors and not seeing a lot of results. Rough man, rough! So one of the Hermanas started to say "I'm Hermana Stevens....and I win!" any time our spirits started to get low. It just made us laugh and renewed our resolve to find people so now, whenever we are feeling down, we just say "We are the Hermanas.....and we win!" Love love love these girls!!
Funny story of the week. We were walking in this trailer park and we walked past this house and this lady was just putting her key into her house door. I spotted her and being the obedient/happy missionary I am, said "hi" to her and started to walk in her general direction. She looked up with a smile on her face but as soon she registered that we were missionaries, her smile turned into a look of horror. She literally ran right into her door! She was trying so hard to get away from us, she forgot that she hadn't unlocked her door yet and ran straight into it! Then she started swearing and jiggling the door until she finally got in. I literally wanted to applaud! Oh it was so funny!
Spiritual experience of the week.We have been talking to this investigator who seemed really promising...until we invited him to baptism. He flat out said no. And he is the first person I had ever asked that question too! Way to crush the greenie's hopes and dreams!! Anyway, we started talking about baptism and trying to explain to him the importance of it. He just was not having it because he didn't believe in the Book of Mormon and wouldn't pray about it. My heart started to sink because I knew that we were going to have to drop him. I seriously was about to cry so I prayed in my heart and told the Lord "I really don't want to drop this guy but I am not sure if he is ready. I need something to happen that will tell me that he is ready and that we should continue teaching him." No sooner had I finished that small prayer, he opened his mouth and said "Didn't Jesus talk about in the bible, other sheep that are not of this fold." My jaw literally dropped open.... i mean wide open! In front of an investigator! (kind of embarrassing but you know) We just rode with it. We explained how the people of the Book of Mormon where those people who Jesus was talking about! We then bore testimony that Jesus Christ had visited the Americas! We got him to commit to reading 3 Nephi 11 and commited him to pray about that chapter to see if Christ had really had visited the people of the Book of Mormon. It was amazing!! At the end of the lesson, he gave the prayer and in the pray he said "Please bless that the Book of Mormon is true." (my thoughts: well...yeah it's true...) ;) Sweetest prayer ever!
Love you all,
Hermana Paredes over and out


No comments:
Post a Comment