funny moment: So my companions name is Hermana Torres....and I may have introduced myself as Hermana Torres to a contact...oops. I guess I just have been hearing her name to much... :P
This past Sunday, my Branch's primary didn't have someone for music time or whatever they call it. So guess who got asked to help out with that...yours truly! Oh I love those primary kids! They were just great! I came up with actions and everything to remember the song, and which ever kid was quiet and reverent got to erase a word from the song on the chalkboard. They were AWESOME! :D
Spiritual: I love love love our investigator!!! I'm going to give him the name Edward for confidentiality issues. We were teaching him about the Plan of Salvation and he was just soaking it in. Then his uncle came in and started to listen to the lesson. After a while the uncle began to question us and told us that we were false and being really rude to us...but get this! Edwin stood up for us!! He literally stood up for us! His uncle was telling us that we were false because we didn't worship the virgin Mary and such but he came back and started to tell his uncle that there was only one God and that worshiping and praying to the saints was against the commandments. We were dumbfounded!! Just in shock! We actually had to stop him from defend us and our beliefs because it was starting to become a heated argument. He is so ready for baptism!! He is just great!! He even told us a story of how he defended the book of Mormon to a Jehovah witness that was trying to discredit it! Oh it was amazing! He started telling the witness all about Joseph Smith and how he was a prophet of God!! I Love him!!! We are so excited for him! He is just going to be a great member!
I love you all.
Hermana Paredes
No comments:
Post a Comment