desdemona font

tribal pattern

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Week two?! No way!!!

Week two?! There is no way that its week two!! Oh man I don't even know were to begin..

Okay so I went tracting this week.... it was raining cats and dogs! I also was carrying a twenty pound bag, and I got my first door slam!! Actually it was a really good experience and I have so much more respect for the English missionaries that have to do it all the time.

So my door slamming experience. We walk up to this pretty big house and because there was a potential that lived there so we thought for sure we were going to get a lesson in. A college aged guy answered the door and we introduced ourselves.  One of the sister asked him if he had a belief in Christ and he answered yes and she said "Well we are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint and we have a message about Christ." He smiled at us and said "oh!" and then opened the door a little wider and I thought he was going to let us in. He then slammed the door and hard as he possibly could! We honestly just stood there in stunned silence for about 30 seconds and then we all began to laugh! We had all heard of doors being slammed on missionaries but had never had it happen! It was so crazy!!! I think that made me an official missionary! haha!

We have a lot of potentials but no investigators thus far but I still have hope! There is one guy that we are trying to talk to, who is actually genuinely interested, but he is just so busy so we haven't gotten a hold of him yet but trust me, we will!! I have been doing a lot of contacting (talking to people who are walking on the street or at stores and such) ! I actually like contacting a lot! The Latin people are always so nice and they are always willing to talk to us even if they are not interested. I'm so blessed to be a Spanish speaking missionary. Also my companions are awesome!! I love them so much! We have really grown and bonded! Also my apartment mates! Hermana Vergaray and Hermana Justinio. Hermana Vergaray is half peruvian as well!! She and I have bonded a lot. Also we are going to be having dinner with a Peruvian member this week!! Ahhhhhhhh!!! So excited for that!! Okay last freak out moment! Guess who is in my apartment complex...Sister Jessica Christoffersen!!! Oh I about cried when I saw her!! She looks great by the way for anyone who knows her and she sends her love!

I also send all my love and I stay tuned for next week,
Hermana Paredes, 
Over and Out! 


A photo of a photo of Sofia and Mission President and Sister Jardine 

No comments:

Post a Comment