desdemona font

tribal pattern

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

First week in Cali




ELDER OAKS

Wow....wow....wow!! I am actually in the field!! This is craziness! I was a little heart broken to leave my district in the CCM (okay maybe this is an understatement...they would totally disagree..hehe) but I am so excited to be out here!!! Plane flight summary: Woke up at 2am in the morning to report to Reception at 2:30. We drove pretty much in silence to the airport. I think everyone was just exhausted! I then got on a plane at 6:00am and headed for the states! You guys are never going to believe this but I handed out four pass along cards!! Ahhhhh!! Look at me being a missionary! It was actually not as hard as I thought it was going to be! Everyone was super friendly and open to my message. Missionary work is the coolest!! And I was all by myself as well! I'm such a big girl! hahah! I then meet my Mission President and his wife! I love them!!! They are so sweet and I got to talk to them for an hour while we were waiting for the other missionaries to land! Such a sweet experience!! Meeting my companions: Yeah that's right! I said companions!! I have two! Watchout Sactown, you got a trio coming your way! They are so sweet and amazing missionaries!! Their names are Hermana Torres and Hermana Stevens. Hermana Torres will be going home in May so most likely I will be her last companion...pressure!! But I am so excited!! We work great together! Biking experience: So I got my first biking experience...that was interesting. Who know that biking in a skirt would have to require so much skill?! My skirt would literally get caught on my seat anytime I tried to dismount!! It was ridiculous!! Oh and no...there was no flipping over the handle bars this time around...we will see about next though! haha! Oh by the way I placed my first Book of Mormon! It was such a cool experience! I wish I had brought my journal with me! I have all the cool miracles that have been happening in there and right now I can't remember any!! Frustrating but its fine! I love you all, Hermana Paredes Over and Out



No comments:

Post a Comment