desdemona font

tribal pattern

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Week #1

1/19/2016

Oh my gosh! It has almost been a week already! Wow! Time goes fast when you are in the service of The Lord! Okay quick summary of the flight here. Boarded first plane : arrived in Huston Texas. I literally had to run to catch my second flight! Its was on the other side of the freaking airport!! (am I still aloud to say freaking?) Boarded second plane to realize that there were only Elders on my flight....well this is going to be awkward. Listened to my music the whole time and then we arrived I headed strait over to the Elders because Missionaries should never travel alone. At first they really kept their distance but when they realized that I was the only one who could speak Spanish all of the sudden the wanted to be buddy buddies. hahah! The would always say we are with her whenever one of the Latinos tried to speak to them! So funny! 

Okay funny moment of the week:  It was our second day in the CCM and we were still all trying to get our bearings. All the sisters in my zone were at breakfast in the Comador trying all this new wierd but tasty food. One of the Hermanas, Hermana Nelson, grabbed this weird pudding concoction and she realized it was pretty bland. So la Hermana, being the creative problem solver she is, she decided to put some cream in it to sweeten it. The thing you need to know about us greengas is that we can´t read spanish...at least not yet so the poor Hermana accidentally put sour cream instead of regular cream but she was cool about it and told us "Nothing a little sugar can´t fix!" So she went back to the buffet and poured in what she thought was sugar. It was SALT! haha! It was so funny to watch the chiefs look of horror as Hermana Nelson ruined his masterpiece. He actually chased her down as she was heading back to the table!! haha! He took the pudding from her and replaced it with a new one and that was the end of that. Oh it made our stressed filled day! 

My birthday was amazing! My companion, roommates and zone made sure I didn´t have a moment of saddness! They spread the word around the CCM that it was my birthday so all day I had random strangers come up to me and say "Oh so you are Hermana Paredes, Feliz cumple anos!" It was so sweet! And later that day we got back from a devotional and our district wanted to study outside but our district leader (Elder Atkins) wouldn´t let us! Was a bit upset about that but we were obident and we returned to our assigned classroom. Not even five minutes into Studying we hear a knock on the door and my whole zone piles into the room. Everyone was really confused...except to for Elder Atkins. He told me to stand up. I was so wierded out! I thought I was in trouble for sure!! (let me say one thing so that you understand...I´m pretty slow on connecting things! haha!) So if you haven´t figured it out already...I wasn´t in trouble, they just came to sing happy birthday to me! Sweetest thing ever! (and I found out later that Elder Atkins had to talked to all of them the night before and told them to spread the word that it was my birthday AND had arranged for them to come and sing to me. BEST DISTRICT LEADER EVER!!!) By they way! thank you all for the birthday wishes! That very much brightened my day!! 

Okay on to the Spiritual Stuff!! Whoop Whoop!!! Our zone got to group teach an investigator and WOW....the spirit was so thick you could cut it with knife! It was incredible! I have had so many experiences that were like that this week. This gospel is incredible! Everyone here has a countenance about them...I have yet to meet someone who doesn´t! Sunday was the best! In relief society we talk about consecrating ourselves to the Lord. I wish I had brought my book with me! I took tons of notes!! Anyways, consecrating. Giving everything, a 110% of your effort to him! It totally reaffirmed to me why I am here. I´m so grateful to be here. I´m going to share some of the things I learned in the devotional I attended by Elder Bednard. A saint reaches out, while the natural man reaches in. Christ was always reaching out! Stretching forth his hand to everyone. Even in his darkest moment, the atonement, he reached at to his disciples who fell asleep while he was in the garden suffering, Instead of reprimanding them he let them sleep. When the guards came to take him away and Peter slew off the ear of that one guard, Christ didn´t let that guard suffer...he healed his ear. He would have been so justified to just not care but he did! He know this was the same person who was coming to take him away to be crucified but still he cared! Our savior is amazing! So selfless! I´m going to take on the challenge that Elder Bednard set forth. Get a book of Mormon. Write a question in the front of the book and then highlight everything that you read in the book of Mormon that answers that question! My question is going to be "How can I better serve my fellow man?" I challenge you guys to do the same! 

If any of you want to send me a letter, send it here. letter@mtcmexicocarepackage.com and put the subject as Hermana Paredes  District #8B


If you would like to send a snail-mail letter send it to: (The address is like a letter by itself)

Sister Sofia Paredes
California Sacramento Mission
Mexico Missionary Training Center
Carretera Tenayuca-Chalmita #828
Colonia Zona Escolar, Gustavo A.Madero
07230 Mexico City, Distrito Federal  Mexico

I love you all!
Hermana Paredes 
p.s. I´ll send pictures of my district next time
Hermana Paredes and ?companion?

Lovely Hermanas in the Mexico MTC
???? It was prep-day...notice the clothes.
That is all I know


.


No comments:

Post a Comment