desdemona font

tribal pattern

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Week #2 Hola from the CCM

Week #2


Hola from the CCM!!                                  1/26/2016  Mexico


Hermana Paredes with her fellow sisters
I´m going to keep the is email very short and sweet so here it goes!
Classes are going well and I am so grateful for the years of Spanish I had...so very grateful! haha!
My district is fantastic! They are the most fun and spiritual group I have ever been with! We are always finding ways to help each other out with the language such as we make up games. Yesterday we played Caliente papa....not sure if  that´s how you spell it but oh well. 😅 Basically we have english words on note cards and who ever the papa lands on they have to say the word is Spanish! If you say the wrong Spanish word you are out!  It got a bit crazy! hahah! My companion is the sweetest thing! She is from Franklin, Tennessee and her mission is Fresno, California! We have seriously bonded over these two weeks! I just love her!!  We are the only ones currently in the CCM going to Cali!! So weird... hopefully we get more Cali people this coming Wednesday! I´m loving teaching our Investigators! Its amazing how even though we don´t know this language really well we can still teach by the Holy Ghost (the holy ghost is how we know if things are true, it usually comes as a warm fuzzy feeling!) I´m so excited for our two new investigators!! Nancy and Ivan! Such sweet spirits! (They are already members but they volunteered to be taught so that we could practice)

Spiritual moment: This week I got to meet the most courageous and Christ-like women I have ever meet in my life. (I will not put her name in this email out of respect and privacy)  She is an Hermana in our zone and early this week she was admitted into the hospital. She had already been to the hospital before because she kept on having fainting spells so I believe this was either her second or third time in the hospital. I was asked to be her companion for one of the days this week... I don´t remember exactly what day. I met her and she was glowing! I didn´t know that morning that this young women was going to change the way I looked at this. We were on our way back from doing a couple of test in the hospital when the male nurse who was pushing the Hermana´s wheelchair started to question us about our beliefs. I told him that we believe in Dois el Eternal Padre, and in his son Jesucristo, and el Espirito Santo. 

He then started to question us how we know god existed and we tried to answer in our broken spanish. It soon became apparent to me that this man did not want to learn, he only wanted to argue so I thanked him for his opinion and bore my testimony thinking that was the end of that but right before he left, he said "you do not know Dois really exists." and walked out of the room! I was so stunned! 

All of the sudden La Hermana started to cry. I thought she was crying because of the huge possibility of her being sent home but the words that came out of her mouth will forever be engraved in my brain. "I feel so sorry for that man, he does know that his heavenly father loves him." This is this girl´s second time in the hospital, in a new country, facing the possibility of going home and she chooses to cry for this man! She had so many other things she could of cried over but she showed compassion to someone that had just told her that she didn´t know God existed! That is when her countenance changed. Though she was lying in a hospital bed as sick as she could be...she glowed and she was (for lack of a better word) beautiful! I was so blessed to feel the sweet spirit she brought to that hospital! She is home now but I know that god still has a work and a wonder for her to perform in Yakima, Washington. She is on the errand of angels!

There are miracles happening her in the CCM. Hearts and lives are being changed for the better and I am so grateful I get to be part of this work
Love you all,
Hermana Paredes
over and out


I love the view of the houses in the background.  Sofia with her Sistahs!

No comments:

Post a Comment