desdemona font

tribal pattern

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Miracles just before the Transfer!

Hi Family and Friends!
 So we had another transfer and I am not a Sister Training Leader anymore.

There were too few sisters in the mission at this point so Hermana Nokes and I got released. I am now with Hermana Leon...and she is from Peru! So we make one Peruano and a half!!! YEAH! No, honestly I already love being her companion. She has got so many bright ideas and is super sweet. Plus she makes me laugh a ton! Seriously could not ask for a better companion.

 There have been so many crazy things happening this week and we had some AMAZING lessons! I am super excited what the results will be from those!

First off we had a lot of lessons with less actives this week and there is one less active who we have been really working on. She really wants to come back to church but there are just some circumstances holding her back but she truly wants to come. We have been praying a lot for her and trying to make some specific plans to try and help her come. Nothing has work these past few weeks but we had a miracle this past Sunday. SHE CAME! When she walked through the door, I about cried! Oh it is the most beautiful thing to see someone come back. She was so happy to be there and she told us at the end of church, that she is going to try to come every week...even if it means that she can only stay one hour. Wow! God is so good!

We also have started teaching a family. The father is a member who was baptized when he was eight down in Mexico but never was active in the church so we are working on helping him understand the blessings of staying with the church. His children and his wife though are not members. When we first met them, we asked them what they thought the purpose of life is. They told us they could not honestly answer so we asked them if we could teach them and they accepted. Along with that first encounter, we were able to defend our belief about eternal families. The father told us that it was not possible to have eternal families because we are all part of the family of god. We then asked him if this was something that he wishes could be true. That we can be eternal families. He told us yes but it was impossible.

There is something so powerful about testimony. Something just amazing and powerful. As Hermana Nokes and I testified about the power inside temples to seal families and how families are part of God's eternal plan, there was a hush that came over the room. Not one of them tried to contradict us as we testified. Probably one of the most powerful moments that I have had on my mission.

I can testify that the only reason they accepted a return appointment is because the spirit witnessed to them that our word were true. I am so grateful to have the Holy Ghost as a companion. It truly is the only thing that can convert us and change us. I love the feels that I get as my companion testify or as I testify or (my personal favorite) our members and recent converts testify. Testimony is a powerful tool to bring others to Christ. People need to hear our testimonies in order to feel that witness from the spirit! But how can they hear it if we do not open our mouths.

Here is the scripture of the week!

"Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble." - Mosiah 28:3

If we have felt the cleansing power of the atonement, then let us reach out so that others may feel it as well. Let us be desperate enough to not see any of our brothers and sisters perish that love fills our hearts and we open our mouths and testify! Only your testimony can bring them to the knowledge of the gospel...Therefore share it! I love you all! and I will send pictures next week! Hermana Paredes

No comments:

Post a Comment