desdemona font

tribal pattern

Monday, June 6, 2016

Why does motor sound like a cat?

😑😂 Hi everyone! So this week we didn't have much happen because...(drumroll) we were all sick! No joke! About every missionary in our little branch was sick. I was fine thanks to my strong Peruvian immune system.. Haha! Thanks Papi! 😉 needless to say we didn't get much work done because we were home a lot. Poor Hermana Justiniano. I did go on one exchange with Hermana Stevens...craziness!!

On exchange with Hermana Stevens aka my trainer: So Hermana Stevens and I decided to stop by the Church building to figure out who were we going to visit. We planned inside the building and then we came back out to get going. As Hermana Stevens started the car, we heard a strange sound emanating from the engine. Hermana Stevens looked at me and said "why does it sound like there is a cat inside our car?" She turned off the engine and we got out to investigate. We could hear a kitten mewing from somewhere so we searched around the car and find a tiny kitten cowering behind our left front tire. I made a grab for its scruff and it got scared and scurried up the tire and right into our engine!! "Quick! Pop the hood!!" We popped it open just in time to see him run out of sight...in the interior of the car! Yikes! And then for the next hour, we were doing everything from trying to speak cat to driving around the parking lot to get him out (that last one was totally the zone leaders idea... Wasn't happy about that one!). It was ridiculous!

Nothing we did would make him come out and we could still hear him mewing as plain as day! Hermana Stevens was all for going to the auto shop so that they could pull the poor kitten out but I was totally against it because the nearest auto shop was 30 minutes away and we would for sure kill him. So we finally got down on our knees in the church parking lot and pleaded for heavenly help. As soon as the prayer was over, I told Hermana Stevens to take another lap around the parking lot. It just felt right even though I was terrified that I was going to see roadkill in the making.... She took a lap and as soon as she came back around and parked, our little trouble maker climbed down the tire and I immediately grabbed him by the scruff.

We almost cried for relief! I placed him on my lap and we opened a bottle of water for him. That little guy must have been so dehydrated because he just lapped it up like nothing else. We ended up releasing him back into the wild because you could tell he was a street cat through and through, and we were pretty sure his mom was around somewhere. Crazy right?!

So other then getting cats out of cars, I have been doing a lot of studying of the scriptures during Hermana Justiniano's sick days. I appreciate the atonement so much more. It just covers everything! Even bored sisters in their apartments on sick days! There have been many sisters who have been going through some rough times lately and I just find it amazing how the atonement covers everyone's need. No matter what the situation or circumstance. It just fills me with so much peace that there is someone who can make up for everything that I lack and loves me just as much as the next person, and that is my savior Jesucristo.

I stand all amazed more and more each day as I watch him change lives and fill the holes in hearts that people think can never be filled. Even though I haven't done much missionary work outside of my apartment, there is so much I have done inside. I'm gaining a better understanding of the plan and my part in it all. It just makes me never want to be the same. I can't be the same because that would be denying the truths I have come to know. It's just wonderful.
I love you all! ❤️ Hermana Paredes
Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment