| Avengers!!! |
So reason why it was the worst week...homesickness set in. Yep lovely homesickness. I was really doing just fine the first two weeks that I was here but then around the middle of my third week, I started to feel pangs of homesickness. I really do miss having my mom around to talk to 24/7. I really do miss my dad´s council. I miss my sibling who never failed to make me laugh...oh and my guitar!! UGHHH!! I miss my guitar!!! It was aweful!! On Tuesday night I completely broke down. Just locked myself in the bathroom and had a cry fest...not pretty people! It didn´t last long though! I have the best district Hermanas in the world!! Turns out that they had been missing home just as much as I had so as a Sisterhood we decided to lighten our week and did Spirit Week.
So you now how school´s have spirit weeks right before homecoming?? And each day is a theme?? And you are suppose to dress up for the theme of the day?? Yeah so we might have done that. ;) Here is the order; Monday(dressed in Red), Tuesday (Burgandy), Wednesday (Disney princesses), Thurday(AVENGERS...my favorite day!), Friday (Winnie the Pooh), and last but not least Saturday (Inside Out)...I will let you all figure out who was who for those days. :) Oh we had so much fun matching outfits and trading clothes back and forth! It lifted our spirits so much! Our district leader told the MTC president about what we were doing in his report and apperently he loved it!! Our MTC President is so awesome!! I will send pictures!!
As great as all of this was, my heart still hurt. I talked to one of the councilors in our Branch and he suggested a blessing from my district leader. I at first was not to keen about this idea but I eventually gave in. Let me tell you, I am so glad I did! The blessing was exactly what I needed. The blessing was almost identical to my setting apart and my father´s blessing. It brought so much comfort to hear those exact same words over again, reminding me of the promises made to me before I left on my mission. There is a scripture in
1 Nephi 10:18-19.
18 For he is the same yesterday, today, and forever; and the way is prepared for all men from the foundation of the world, if it so be that they repent and come unto him.
19 For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and themysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round.
Even though I am very far from home, in a different country, god still gives the same promises. I am not forgotten here. I am not alone. I know that my family is praying for me and I know others are too. I hear the voice of god hear more clearly then I ever had in my life! Oh it is such a joy to be on the lord´s errand! I love you all and I will write soon!
Hermana Paredes,
Over and Out
P.S. My companions name is Hermana Troseth. Apperently I forgot to say that in my past few emails. Also Hermana Stocking (the blonde) and Hermana Torrez (the burnette) are the new training sisters and my district leader and his companion are the new Zone leaders...just proves we have the best district. ;) (not really, we are just the only district in our zone currently..haha)
| Same Spirit day as the first photo----Avengers |
| In-side-Out day! |
| Disney Princesses ?, Bell, Cinderella, Pocahontas? |
| Winnie the Pooh Day, looks like Piglet, Pooh, Eeyore, and Tigger |
No comments:
Post a Comment